Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ideas

What has gotten into me?  I now want to blog all the time. Strange.

I had a though last night as I was trying to repair the damage to Penelope's bangs after having a wig on, I should my mini hair rollers for my Blythes. 

I am not sure if it will even work, but I truly should try it.  I was reading on the Big Eyes Little Sweater forum on Ravelry about making the dolls hair curling slightly in boiling water.  It was just a dip and please, no one use my info on your Blythe! Of course, I am not up to anything that scary.  I was thinking that if I made fabric curlers with just a little stuffing and ties. It would do the trick if they are slightly damp. I have seen a tutorial on how to make them for people somewhere, except I think they had a button rather than ties. It would be better than useing a pipe cleaner as a curler.

I really like the wigs, but it wrecks havoc on the existing hair.  Gosh, it was unbelivable what it did to Ginny's hair in just a couple of hours.  Now, all three are on my shelf wig-less.

I have seen scalps for custom rooting hair.  I asked on the forum if these could have wigs place over the top of them.  The person who responded misunderstood me.  She thought I was wanting to put a scalp over the existing scalp.  Well, I knew better than that.  What I really was asking was can a wig fit on a bald scalp without any trouble?  I just did not envision at the time how could a wig go over the pre-existing hair.  The answer was a wig cap, but gee, it about ruined Ginny and Penelope's hair. Now, I am wondering if I could put a bald scalp on if I want to have one of my dolls wear a wig for an extended period of time to conserve the condition of the original hair.  Sometime in the future, probably no time soon, I will order one or two to try it out.  If it doesn't work, I can always use it to root hair. I will be worth it.

I hope to start soon on my secret Blythe project!

No comments: