Sunday, March 1, 2009

Well, It's a horse

I am glad I listened to my sensible side and made a plain jane horse first.  One sided looks about right, the other side....eh, he is a bit gimpy.  I think I am going to change the i-cords to dpns.  I pretty much hate i-cords.  Changing that it might solve some of my proportion problems. Overall for my first horse it probably is pretty good, but I have high standards.   I am starting a new one today and finishing off (adding the ears, eyes, tail, and mane) the first one.

It is my day to work on a Sunday.  The nice thing is I get to knit for 6 hours and get paid for it (I work Circ. today rather than my normal Archives).  

I started a Cornish Pixie last night!  It is pretty cute!  I will try to write a pattern for it.  I am pretty miserable at pattern writing so there are no guarantees.   

I am still working on the mandrake pattern.  I think that I am going to have to make one as I write which will be a challenge.  The nice thing about a mandrake, since it is a root it can look lumpy and weird.

I guess I best be going and getting my knitting together!

No comments: