Saturday, September 12, 2009


I have been working on my Halloween costume today. I finally decided what to make with the help of Joe. I was going for a frumpy witch costume, he suggested the sexy one. I am hoping it won't be as short as it is on the model- I am short so most skirts fit me longer. I am making A.

I found some dove grey satin-like fabric for 1.50 a yard. Somehow I have A LOT more fabric than needed. I thought I only got about 3/4 more than the pattern suggested. I have a spider web netting too.

So far everything is going smoothly. I have been going the long way around. I wish I would have thought about the pattern layout more. I should have been cutting double out for the bodice pieces- one for the lining. Instead I followed the stupid pattern cutting layout.

I am going to double line the cape also. Especially since I have so much grey. I am hoping that it turns out okay. This is my first serious sewing project in a long time.

No comments: