Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend

This weekend was spent knitting and being aggravated.   I was at my in-laws cabin and I did nothing but sit.  I would have did that anyways, but it was just different.  It was not home.  Oh well.  

I finished the Utopia hat that was intended as a gift, but I knew I was in trouble when I was decreasing and it looked like an elf hat.  I gave it to R.  Adorable on her, but no gift for my friend.
I also finished the stocking cap for R that was inspired by "A Christmas Story".  Cute cute cute.

After completing those two projects, I started on socks.  I used a fantastic tutorial  (Silver's Sock Class).  I highly recommend it.  This was actually my 2nd go at this pattern and I stuck with it this time. (There were no distractions of other yarns or other projects, just the ones I took.)  

After I finish my 2nd sock (over half finished, YEA), I want to try the invisibility cloak pattern from the book "Charmed Knits".   I have lace weight yarn that I have no idea what I am going to do with other than the cloak.  

My other project that I would like to try is a Harry Potter Advent Calendar.  I am still planning.  I know that I am probably making the calendar itself out of felt.  It may not be a Christmas one.  It would be really cool if it was a movie release/Christmas calendar!  I may do that so it gives me till July to finish it.

Off to finish my sock.

No comments: