Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Poor Narcissa

I am listening to the Half Blood Prince at work and this morning I was struck how sad it must of been for Narcissa to go to Snape over Draco. A very disheartening feeling of doom knowing that your child is marked for death. I couldn't imagine.

I also remember how much I like that Dumbledore like reading knitting patterns! I thought it was funny the first time I read HBP and that was before I was knitting!

My status on my HSKS6 package is going pretty well except for the handmade item. I think I am going to try something else or change the fiber. I thought I could tuff out wool, but it has proven otherwise. I have to wear long sleeves and the weather here is still into the 90s. I have been so tired at night that I have been screwing up on it terribly. I think if I use cotton or try a new project I would be happier.

I started Jack Skellington on Monday night! I worked last night until 8pm and since I was on the Circ Desk I could knit. I got him mostly done while trying to read The Other Boleyn Girl, if that is the title? He is cute! I just have to problem solve the hands and do detail stitching and then I am done! I also started on Zero last night. I am not sure how I am going to make his brow slope...it is a pretty sharp slope. Mine probably won't be quite right, but oh well. The next character will be Oogy Boogy, R keeps asking for him. Go figure, a 3 year old liking Oogy Boogy.

No comments: