Monday, July 13, 2009

Swaps and Machine


I bought myself a new sewing machine. It is so small and cute! I love it. It was a present to myself to attempt to cheer up. One of my co-workers died on Tuesday night and I went to his funeral on Saturday. So, I had to make myself feel better and the the best way to do it is buy a sewing machine. I guess this puts me up to number 7.

We got swap partners for HLBOE today!! I am sending to Curlatrix Black and I am receiving from Madame Jak. I already have tons of ideas!!

HSKS 8 (Summer Camp)- We are trying a inner-cabin project. I planned to start this weekend, but it didn't happen. I was trying to get finished with the needles that occupied a monster* before I started. I didn't get finished with the monster because I find the twisted purl stitch to be exhausting. The beret I choose is Spring Beret by Natalie Larson.

I am about finished with my package to Georgiana. I am adding the extras now that I have the main stuff bought. I am doing really well on the budget- I have 10 dollars left to cover the extras.

I am having my July mini-vaction starting on Wednesday. To keep my summery spirit up, I have been taking a day or 2 of vaction rather than one big one. This is titled: A Very Harry Vaction. I am going to the opening at 12 am on Wednesday morning and I expect to get in at 4 am. I took the wrong day off and I already scheduled an eye appt. so it became my mini Harry Holiday.

*On the bright side, I figured out how to do magic loop properly after talking to the designer and I think now it will go much much faster.

No comments: