Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quidditch Costume

R has expressed interest in being a Gryffindor Quidditch player for Halloween. I looked up some pretty good ideas on The Leaky Cauldron website. I don't know if I want to make a sweater because October in Arkansas is scorching. Plus, not everything will be accurate anyways because a kid that won't want to wear bulky things.

Here is what I am thinking: a short sleeved red shirt with a yellow stripe or a patch (I most likely will paint it on), felt pads (I would use pads for bikes but that would be too cumbersome for her), and the helmet thing that Ron wears which I will make out of felt. Felt has become my best friend.

Or, instead of shirt, a loose cape like top. Here is the link to the costume on The Leaky Cauldron.

Hmm... the helmet will be the most challenging.

OH and I have to make a spider costume for Tico. I have a general idea of how to do it. I am not sure if I am going to knit the spider or sew it.

Now what on earth am I going to wear.

A. Dead Bride
B. Harry Potter Character
C. Plain Jane Me


A. I bought a screwed up dress that someone wore on their honeymoon for a 1.00 at a yardsale. Apparently they were in a huge storm and their luggage got soaked in mud or something. Well, the dress was ruined by the dry cleaners, they melted the sequins and beads.

I thought it would be nice for a Halloween costume.

B. I was Luna 2 years ago. I am not sure if I want to be a HP character again.

C. No explaination.


No comments: