Thursday, January 14, 2010

Scarves

I joined HLBOE 3 even though I wanted a swap break.  I, so far, have kept my word and have not joined anything else.  Reducio is open, but I am resisting. 

It is a good thing that I am resisting.  I have been asked by several individuals to knit them somethings.  Three hats and 3 scarves.  I am really regretting the lace pattern that I picked for my HLBOE partner now. 

Two of the scarves are for Greeks- Alpha Phi Alpha and Alpha Sigma Alpha.  I am hoping they will look good. 

As for the lace scarf, I am out of my element.  I like cables, but officially I can say, I do not like lace.  Too much concentration.  I don't even get the rhythm and I can only work on it for about 3 or 4 sections a night.  I can not knit it while I am on the Reference desk,  I can barely do it with R in the room asking me a million questions.  Now that I have started with 8 inches, I am finished it.  I do like the experience.

No comments: